You Are Viewing A Previous Auction.
You are viewing details for a previous auction by Seymour Antiques & Auctions.
Please view our Current Charleston Auctions.
Looking For A Hard To Find Item?
We offer thousands of quality antiques and collectibles. Contact us to help you locate hard to find items.
Online Bidding & Shipping Available.
If you are located outside the Charleston, SC area, online bidding and quick shipping is available during some auctions. Call us for details on upcoming antiques, collectibles, jewelry and estate auctions.
Join Our Mailing List!
Receive updates on new auctions, events and products. Enter your email on our home page.
SEYMOUR ANTIQUES & AUCTIONS
SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 22nd @ 2:00 PM
PREVIEW at 12:00 PM, NOON
No Buyer’s Premium
No Fee To Use Credit Cards
WE ACCEPT ALL MAJOR CREDIT CARDS
VIEW PHOTOS NOW!
Late arrivals for the Auction include two sets of very nice BRAND NEW cutlery:
Sabatier 20 piece set and Farberware 8 Piece set. Both of these sets include the Storage Block. In addition to the cutlery, we have also been consigned an Italian Galesi pistol.
This particular firearm was imported prior to the 1967 Gun Control Act. It is a Model 9 in 6.35 caliber, which is equivalent to an US 25 caliber. The gun was Brevetto, Italy and is marked ARMI-GALESI-BRESCIA. It is in excellent condition and retails for $450.00.
The German Flag and it flagpole Topper and accessories are being offered for their Historical and Militaria Collector value only.
This sale features estate items from New York's Hudson River Valley region, Antique shop inventory from North Carolina, quality consignments from Virginia plus numerous local items from Charleston and the surrounding Low Country.
AUCTIONEER'S NOTE: Absentee Bids and Phone Bids are available for this sale.
Please call 843-554-5005 for details by 3:00 PM Saturday.
Please note that this is only a partial listing. We hope to see you Sunday!
- American Colonial Pine Secretary with Bookcase top over base with turned columns dated 1840.
- Walnut Drop Leaf Table with hand turned legs ca.1830.
- Pine Bench with mortise and tenion joinery and square nails ca.1840's.
- Mahogany Writing Table with flame mahogany drawer front and hand turned legs ca.1830.
- Mahogany Hall Tree with 8 pegged radiating arms surrounding a round beveled mirror. Very unusual shape and all original including umbrella drip tray ca.1870.
- Oak Hall Seat with large double hooks surrounding adjustable mirror over large hinged seat supporting umbrella rack ca.1880's.
- Oak High Back Bed in pristine condition ca.1890's.
- Oak Dresser with tall roll top mirror ca.1890's.
- Mahogany Corner Étagère with 5 graduated shelves bordered with pierced galleries and turned finials ca.1875.
- Walnut Eastlake Fern Stand with carved legs ca.1880's.
- Two Mahogany Drop Leaf Dining Tables.
- Mahogany 3 Tier Dumbwaiter with carved feet.
- Victorian Walnut cane seat chair ca.1870.
- Demilune Table
- Unusual Footstool by Century Furniture, Grand Rapids with needlepoint cover and Reeded handles ca.1910-20.
- Very nice Grand Rapids 2 Door Bookcase with inlay ca.1920.
- Walnut Victorian balloon-back chair ca.1870's.
- Several large chests and boxes including a Seaman's Chest ca.1840's with hand wrought hardware and square nails, a Civil War era chest with candle box and large hand wrought strap hinges, very nice hand made Carpenter's box, Camel Back Trunk with leather and wood trim dated 1869 plus others.
- Eastlake Drop Center Dresser with three marble tops and tall-carved mirror.
- Mahogany Empire Buffet with carved feet.
- Several high quality vintage upholstered pieces including sofa, wing back and modified wingback chairs.
- Lord & Taylor Leather Footstool with original casters.
- Turtle Top Center Table with quarter sawn top.
- Mahogany Writing Desk with pullout writing surface including ink well and pen tray covering the drawer.
9 piece Mahogany Dining Suite with Shield Back Chairs.
- Plus numerous Tables, Chairs, Stands, Rockers and other items.
MISCELLANEOUS SMALLS AND OTHER ITEMS:
- RARE Belgium Double Barrel Shotgun in 12 gauge in excellent condition by Acier Bayard ca.1870.
- RARE Belgium Double Barrel Pistol with Stiletto Blade used by riverboat gamblers. This pistol has the Belgium Llege proof mark and has been identified as a Dumoithier ca.1840. The last one auctioned sold for $4750 with replaced parts.
This piece is all original with one hammer being damaged.
- Blanchard Butter Churn in original yellow paint and stencils dated 1878.
- Pair of German Lustres in blown glass with hand enameling in MINT condition including the prisms.ca.1880's.
- Excellent examples of early Scrimshaw with one hand-colored piece mounted in a gold Victorian Hair Pin under a beveled glass bezel.
- Charleston Mechanics Union No.1 Pin dated 1869.
- Many original oil paintings including the Hudson River School artists, M. Seymour Bloodgood, and other fine examples by early to mid 19th Century artists. These works are in their original frames. We also have early lithographs and prints from England and France.
- Early Door Bell in working order with glazed stoneware handle dated 1860.
- Several early Sandwich Glass Stemware ca.1850-60.
- 2 Metal Tea Pots with markings.
- 12 Sterling Dinner Knives 1895 "Newcastle" by Gorham.
- Several Early Whale Oil Lamps with pressed glass fonts in excellent condition.
- Miller Lamp Co Oil Lamp with German shade.
- Kaiser Student Oil Lamp in pristine condition.
- Hanging Opalescent Library Lamp with chain pulleys for lowering to light.
- Very Early Coal Bin with original Tole Paintings and metal carrying bin.
- Antique "Bowling on the Green" wooden ball found in the Cooper River.
WWII Nazi Flag with Pole Topper and Base Tube in original shipping box with Letter of Authorization allowing it to be shipped home as a war souvenir. The flag has a Peoples Farm Collective Emblem mounted in the upper corner from the town of Konigsbrunn. The flag is complete with all it's pole rings and two attaching clips. The Topper has the Wheat Sheave and Gladdis Sword and is marked Bauer & Co, Priessmann, GES. GESCH.
We also are offering hundreds more interesting items such as China, Coins, Art, Lamps, Figurines, Yard items, Crystal, Carnival and Depression Glass.
This is a large sale and should include several items for anyone's collecting interest or shop inventory. Dealers are always welcomed and delivery assistance is available.
Come early for good seats and contact us at the Gallery for any questions.
|Location: 1066 East Montague Ave, North Charleston (Take Exit 20 on I-526 East to Virginia Ave then 3/4 Mile to Right on East Montage then 1 ½ blocks on right).
Terms: ALL SALES FINAL. ALL ITEMS SOLD AS IS. ACCEPTING CASH, CHECK, MAJOR CREDIT CARDS. ADD/DELETE RIGHTS RESERVED. ALL ITEMS MUST BE PAID FOR DAY OF SALE. PHONE AND LEFT BIDS ACCEPTED
Auctioneer: Fred Skipper, Jr., SCAL 2582 CES, Certified Estate Specialist AMI/NAA
National Auctioneers Association & SCAA
|Copyright 2013 © Seymour Antiques & Auctions
Walterboro, South Carolina
Serving Charleston, Savannah and Columbia