SEYMOUR ANTIQUES & AUCTIONS
Antiques & Estates Auction
Saturday, November 15th, 2008 - 12:00 PM
Preview Friday Noon to 7:00 PM and One Hour Prior
VIEW PHOTOS IN ONLINE GALLERY
Order of sale and photo/item details available at Proxy Bid
This sale features selected items from Southern Estates including Antiques, Furniture, Charleston Fire Mantle, Clocks, EAPG, Depression Glass, Art, Sterling, Estate Jewelry & More.
Open to the Public - Dealers Welcomed!
Concessions Available – Smoke Free - Climate Controlled
Note: This auction will include items for live internet bidding hosted by Proxibid.
Proxibid registration link: http://www.proxibid.com/seymourauctions
This auction will begin with 46 lots from the Estate of William Howe Sadler, Anita Consistre Sadler, Michael Howe Sadler, & Michael Consistre.
Howe Sadler was a very interesting man...what we would call today a 'Renaissance Man'. He worked his whole life in advertising and publishing in Philadelphia, New York, Miami, Coca, Hollywood, Tallahassee, and New Orleans. When he was Director of the Florida State Advertising Commission, he traveled to the Bahamas to meet with Edward VIII, then Governor of the Bahamas (1940-1950). They discussed tourism!
As you can see from the picture of Edward VIII and Howe, he was quite the dresser. The cufflinks are from his collection as well as the leather boxes. He collected art, painted and took the most wonderful black and white photographs. He was a hunter, fisherman, a man about town, and a wonderful father.
The little boy in the silveroval frame and the shoes are his, the Zippo lighters with Gannett Publishing were also collected by Howe. The traveling shaving kits were also included in the items he used in his travels.
Anita Consistre Sadler was Cuban-American and met her husband in Miami. She worked for the American newspaper in Habana and met him when visiting relatives. They married and had one child, Michael Howe Sadler, (Young boy in cowboy suit and the suit itself, about 1949-1950, as well as the vintage toys) The picture and ladies items were hers and come from both Havana and Miami in the 20's-40's.
Michael Consistre was Anita's uncle and lived and worked in Cuba. The cutout and watch fob, pocket knife and builder's pencil in gold were his. Also included is his everyday pocket watch in silver. He was famous in Havana for all the elaborate plaster moldings seen in important government buildings and the homes of the wealthy. As you can see from the cutout he frequented the Nacional Casino and collected some of the canes in the collection.
Absentee & Phone Bids Accepted - Call 843-554-5005
Estate Auctions held on the 1st & 3rd Saturdays at noon
Check website for Friday night schedule.
QUALITY CONSIGNMENTS ARE ALWAYS WELCOME!
SELECT ITEMS INCLUDE:
Please note this is a partial listing and includes such highlights as:
- 19th C. Charleston Fireplace Mantle
- Tall Ship in Glass Case, 4ft tall
- US Navy Spyglass
- Civil War Sword US (UNION) Original found condition in the wall of an old Charleston Home (captured Sword) 1865
- Red Leather Sofa
- Pair of Burris Furniture Swivel Chairs
- 4 Oak Pressback Chairs
- Ca. 1870 French Carved Bed
- Ca. 1870 French Marble Top Night Stand
- Ca. 1870 French Marble Top Dresser
- Ca. 1870 French Armoire w/ Mirror Doors
- Henkel-Harris Cherry Drop Leaf Table
- French Iron Hall Tree
- Oak Hall Clock
- Fireplace Surround & Door
- Eastlake Oak Hanging Rack
- Victorian Chairs
- 4 Chippendale Chairs
- Oak Hall Tree
- Lingerie Chest
- Sleigh Bed
- Slipper Chairs
- White Bedroom Furniture
- Large Porch Rockers with footrests, matching table – Carved shrimp motif
- Black Iron Urns
- Marble Pedestals
- 5 pc Patio set w/ umbrella
- Vintage Purses, Compacts, Cufflinks, Watches, Razors
- Weller Pottery, Vernon ware Calif.
- Old Sleepy Eye Pitcher
- Limoges, Nippon, Delft
- Waterford, Baccarat, Lalique, Vintage Glass Animals
- Heisey Glass, Depression, Murano
- Antique Glass - Cased, Am. Brilliant Cut, Pressed
- Gorham, Royal Doulton
- Lighters, Knives
- Lamps, Stained glass hanging, Art Deco Chandelier, Floor lamps
- Art (Originals & Prints)
Guns, Swords, Knives
- Remington 20ga Shotgun Sportsman Model 48 Automatic
- 12ga Single Barrel Shotgun Antique Model 219 Proof Tested
- 2ga Single Barrel Shotgun Antique, Challenge Ejector, Choke Bore, Damascus Wire Barrel
- Stevens – Savage Arms Corp. Model 87J – 22 cal. Automatic Rifle
- Eagle Arms Bolt Action 410ga. Shot Gun with internal magazine
- Fraternal Parade Sword, Old and excellent condition with scabbard
- US Calvary Parade Sword Springfield Armory Springfield Mass. USA with scabbard
- Antique Italian Military Parade Sword from 1889 with Sharkskin Handel and scabbard
- S&W Model 1-1/2 2nd Issue (New Model) .32 Cal. Long REiM Fire Revolver, C. 1868-1875.
- Saturday Night Special .22cal. Short Model CDM Revolver Black
- Avion .38cal. (Long) Revolver Spanish Made 6-shot
- 10K y/g Ring with Oval Swiss Blue Topaz – 2.5 gms.
- 10K y/g Ring with 3 row Diamond Waterfall – 4.5 gms.
- 10K y/g Ring with Cognac Citrine Cluster – 4.92 gms.
- 14K y/g Ring with Garnet & Diamond – 3.03 gms
- 10K Black Hills Gold Ring – 5.2 gms
- Earrings 14K yw/g Hoops - 4.03 gms
- Earrings 14K y/g Hoops – 2.18 gms
- Earrings 14K y/g Dangles with Opals and Diamonds – 1.49 gms.
- Bracelet 14K y/g Charm with 3 Disney/Warner Bros. Charms – 5.85 gms.
- Chain & Heart Pendant 14K y/g – with Diamond – 2.85 gms.
- Chain & Opal & Diamond Pendant 14K y/g – 1.50 gms
- Strand of Cultured Pearls strung on silk cord with 14K y/g Pearl Catch
- Bracelet 14K y/g Palmetto Trees - 9 gms.
- Bracelet 10K y/g X&O with oval Blue Topaz’s – 8.68 gms
- Chain & Sky Blue Topaz Pendant 14K y/g – 2.70 gms.
- 18K y/g Signet Ring with 2 Rubies Antique Beautiful Engraved Design, 15.87 gms
- 10K y/g Diamond Cluster Ring Nugget Style, ½ carat total weight Diamonds 9.36 gms
- Ladies Ring 10K y/g Pear Shape Cluster of AAA Grade Rubies – 6.2 gms
- Bracelet 14K y/g Emerald & Diamonds – 8.18 gms
- Ladies Ring 14K y/g Lab Created Marquise Emerald & Diamonds – 4.96 gms
- Sterling Chain w/Mother of Pearl Cross
- Sterling Chain w/Opal & Sapphire Pendant
- Sterling Chain w/Semi-Precious Beatle
- Sterling Ring with Opal
- Sterling Ring with Pearl
- Sterling Earrings with Black Onyx
- Sterling Ring with 1 Round Black Onyx
- Sterling Ring with Multi-Colored Marquis Gems
- Sterling Ring with CZ Cluster
- Sterling Ring with 5 Black Onyx stones
- Sterling Ring with Purple Iolite Cluster
- Sterling Chain/Pendant/Earring Set Black Onyx and Mother of Pearl
- Sterling Ring with Red Carnelian Oval
- Sterling Ring with Blue Turquoise Oval
- Sterling Tennis Bracelet with Emerald and Round Cut CZ’s
- Sterling Bracelet with Oval Black Onyx
- Sterling Charm Bracelet and Charms with South Western Indian Theme.
Many items not listed – See photos and attend preview! See you Saturday!
We are located east of Walterboro SC one mile past the Airport on US 17A North
(1664 Cottageville Highway).
From I-95 South take Exit 57 and turn left onto SC 64 (Bell’s Highway), continue toward Walterboro and follow the Airport signs making left turn onto SC64 Bypass (Robertson Blvd) at traffic light just past Ford Dealership. Cross US 15 and continue on SC64 Bypass to US 17A North. Turn left on US17A North, we are one mile past the Airport on the right.
From I-95 North take Exit 53 and turn right on SC 63 (Sniders Highway) toward Walterboro. US 17A North joins with SC 63 and become US 17A North with a name change to S. Jefferies Blvd. Continue on US 17A North past Washington Street and turn right while staying on US 17A North (now Wichman Street) continue to our location one mile past Airport on Right.
From I-26 East or West take Exit 199A to Summerville on US 17A. Continue through Summerville toward Walterboro on US17A and we are approximately 30 miles on left. Prepare to turn 1500 feet past the Peters Pontiac/GMC Dealership.
From US 17 South Charleston take SC 64 at Jacksonboro to Walterboro. When arriving in Walterboro turn right at the first traffic light (Robertson Blvd /Truck By-Pass) and continue to the next light at US 17A North. Turn right, we are one mile on right past the Airport.
Don't forget to submit your e-mail address on the home page in order to receive notification of updated details and photos for this and future auctions.
Walterboro - (843) 538-8081
|Location: 1664 Cottageville Hwy (US Hwy 17A North), Walterboro, South Carolina 29488
Terms: All sales final. All items sold as is. Accepting cash, check, major credit cards. 13% Buyers Premium, 3% discount for cash & good checks. Add/Delete rights reserved. All items must be paid for day of sale. Auctioneer may refuse any bid or bid increment deemed inappropriate. Phone and absentee bids accepted.
Auctioneer: Fred Skipper, Jr., SCAL 2582 CES, Certified Estate Specialist NAA
National Auctioneers Association & South Carolina Auctioneers Association (SCAA)
Charleston - (843) 554-5005
Toll Free - (866) 401-3855
|Copyright 2013 © Seymour Antiques & Auctions
Walterboro, South Carolina
Serving Charleston, Savannah and Columbia